Sunday, June 6, 2010

Update: I am alive


I am also doing well for that matter. The current residence is D.C. It is so dreamy.


And now a D.C. related rant:


+My apartment is of epic proportions.

+ There is no internet or tv in the apartment, though. I am trying to decide if this is a good or bad thing.

+ I have a balcony overlooking downtown Arlington and eat my breakfast out there every morning.

+ Humidity will be the death of me. I have sworn off makeup and my straightener because they are no longer of any practical use to me and just waste my time. Hello curly hair and freckles.

+ I am in the most powerful city in the entire world. A few of the memorials have made me cry. Note: I am getting old and lame.

+ Ben’s Chili Bowl is around the corner from my work and it will also be the death of me.

+ The Pentagon is my across the street neighbor.

+ Someday I will own a colorful townhome in Georgetown.

+ Eating at Georgetown Cupcake after eating at Ben’s Chili Bowl while in the humidity will again be the death of me.

+ I wish Georgetown had a grad program for me. There are gargoyles, you guys. GARGOYLES!

+ The metro stations look like the area where you wait in line for Space Mountain. They’re the epitome of the 80s futuristic feel. I feel like Captain EO is gonna show up.

+ My roommates Meg and Erma are the coolest chicks this side of the Mississippi. We have a secret that will bind us together for life. You will never know what it is.

+ I cannot wait to buy a Howard Diva shirt as probably my only souvenir.

+ I am one of four white people at my work place. There are at least 100 people total. This is refreshing and gives me an idea of how the four black people at BYU feel.

+ I choose to refrain from taking the Lord’s name in vain on most occasions, but the terms “Lord Jesus” and “Good God Almighty” are constantly on repeat in my head. That’s what inner city schools do to you.

+ I’m scared I’m not going to be able to see all the museums that I want to see. This is probably because I spend approximately 4 hours in each one I visit.

That is all for now. More pics to come. Please visit. And send cookies.

Love you all.



*ps- late birthday shout out to drew in afghanistan. we miss you!

9 comments:

meg said...

AHHHH!!! OMG LOVE THIS!! ur the best roommate ever!! Sisterhood of the F.I. forever!!

xoxo meg

Megan said...

Yay, so happy you wrote! I'm super excited about your opportunity there. And jealous of your adventures around the capitol.
Love love,
Megan

Becca said...

YaY amy! We are all glad you posted and you are having a blast! We miss you back here at work, but we know you don't miss Independent Study. Who would? Ha! Just Kidding... Kinda! Keep posting!

old said...

Oh man. Looks like you're already having a ton of fun. I want more pictures! Cause you're so cute. :)

A Mitton said...

Yay yay yay! I'm so glad you posted. And I miss you. And check out my blog too.

Justine said...

You ARE alive! I am also very jealous of your new residence! Take tons of pictures!

Andrew said...

Thanks for the bday shoutout. Now if you could just get your bigwig friends in DC to bring Afghanistan into at least the 17th century, I'd appreciate it.

Jordyn said...

Oh AMY I'm so glad you're bloggin. You are so obviously made for big cities girl...but I can't wait till you're back in wee Provo so I can try with all my might to find out what that secret is. If I can get you to spill about Pavelka choosing Vienna, I can crack this one!

Vanessa Rae said...

can i get a howard diva shirt too? i NEED to visit!