Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dolla Dolla Bills

If I am going to be completely honest, I am going to have to admit that I had absolutely no life plans past this internship in DC. Normally I would have freaked out and kept myself awake at night stressing about my seat on the unemployment train come fall time. But this year has taught me that if I keep calm, carry on, and explore any potential opportunities that come my way, things always work out.

And that’s exactly what I did.

Thanks to my bff Craigslist, I was fortunately impulsive enough to apply for a job on a whim that I thought I would never get. After a few days and a 2 hour long phone interview, I was offered the job! For the next year I’ll be working as a speech technician at a couple of different charter schools in SLC. Utah, you ask? I know, I know. But believe it or not, I’ll be glad to see those snowy mountains outside my window everyday again.

That said, I need to find some housing. Although Craigslist did me a solid and led me to a sweet job, it’s doing a terrible job leading me to a room in a house/apt that is not occupied by gay men, lesbian women, swinging couples, U of U students who “love the herb,”19 year old sluts, or uptight 30 year old LDS women. Finding normal people to live with is a NIGHTMARE, so if anyone knows of someone who needs a roommate, send me their way!

1 comment:

Meg said...

rofl rofl. thank you for referring to our work here as an "internship" . . .laughing so hard.