Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer 2009: The Post

So I've been meaning to update this little nugget of a blog I have here, but I am so easily distracted! I'm sure we could have a detailed and lengthy conversation about how much I procrastinate, but we'd probably never really get around to it. On with the blog!

I'm going to condense everything that has happened while I have stayed here in Provs this summer. Get ready for the longest blog post in the history of time. I will keep captions at a minimum since we all know no one actually cares. Also, everything may or may not be extremely out of order. Let's begin, shall we?

Emily and Ryan's Wedding Celebration
I love these two and they looked amazing/had an amazing reception. Sigh. I love me a good wedding reception. Quote of the day occurred when Kaylea (Em's sister) cheered like a bikini clad psycho on spring break when Em's and Ry exited the temple and her brother silenced her with "this isn't MTV weddings!" I guess you had to be there...



speaking of weddings...that brings us to...

Stacie and Zach's Wedding Extravaganza
This was the most kick a party of 2009. My beautiful friend asked me to be a bridesmaid, and I couldn't have been more honored. Activities included: chilling at the temple, crying when they came out of the temple, luncheon at EL CHOLO, and reuniting with my beloved high school g's at the reception. It was all so magical and I am so happy for those two little goobs.


The Greatest Roadtrip of All Time

Lisa, Nix, Cams, Jeffy D and I decided to hit the dusty trail to Bakes to attend Stacie and Zach's aforementioned wedding. It may have been the greatest roadtrip of all time, if I may be so bold. Highlights include: In N Out, the St. George condo, pre-bump, post-bump, gambling and winning 50 cents at the MGM Grand, Lady Gaga sing alongs, Santa Monica 3rd street and Pier, Hombres y Mujeres, Camie's shorts, J-J-J-Jeffy and the Girls, walking out of the Asian restaurant that I recommended because it was too expensive, "rule #1, #1!" street crew, cream colored camisoles, gold hoops!, Lorena, playing the "guess what I'm writing on your back" game in the backseat, and showing them Highland High, my alma matter, which they compared to a "prison." Pretty accurate.

Walked out a fidy cent winner! Ballin!

So it's gotten to the point where my laptop is starting to burn up my lap, so I'm gonna cut this short and finish it up another time. And by another time, I mean probably never.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Amy this was an incredible Road Trip! I love the picture of you at the slot machine. It makes me think of you telling all of us, "I've already won a dollar, I can win more!!!" Ha. Well, it looks like everything from this point in your life on will be post-bump, but you know that's ok!